When i saw this recipe on pinterest , i dedided to try it right away . I changed the recipe a lot while making vegetarian/vegan version of it. This is really versatile recipe when it comes to toppings or flours..You can use anything you have in your refrigerator for toppings and also different combination of flours can be used to suit your taste or to make it more healthy, possibilities are just endless , so what are you guys waiting for , lets get baking and do share your experience in the comments..:)
Preparation Time:- 2 1/2 Hours
Cooking Time:- 25-30 Minutes
All Purpose Flour:- 3 Cups
Warm water:- 1 cup
Yeast:- 1 Tbsp
Sugar:- 2 Tbsp
Olive Oil:- 1/4 cup
Salt:- 1/2 Tsp
Your favorite toppings, chopped:- 2 1/2 Cups
Salt as per your taste
Red Chilli Powder:- 1 Tsp
Ajwain/Carom Seeds:- 1 Tsp
Garam Masala Powder:- 1 Tsp
Toppings I Used ( Red bell pepper, Yellow bell pepper, Green bell pepper,olives, garlic & sundried tomatoes)
1) Mix yeast, Sugar, salt, oil and warm water together in a bowl. Leave it for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes you should see a froth appearing on this mixture. This indicates that yeast is active and it will do a great job on your dough.
2)Then add in flour . Mix (using a mixer, spoon, or your hands) just until it comes together.
3)Add all the toppings & spices and combine well.
4)Let rise for about 1 hour.
5)Punch down the dough and transfer the dough to the greased loaf pan and let it rise for another 1 hour OR alternatively you can leave the dough in the same bowl and bake it on either pizza stone or baking sheet( just give the dough a shape of loaf and bake)
6)Preheat the oven at 450 F and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
7) Halfway through lightly brush the top with olive oil and let it finish baking.
8) Let it rest on a wire rack to cool slightly before slicing.
1) You can also make breadsticks with the dough and serve with the marinara sauce.
2) Toast the slices little bit and wrap it in a aluminium foil to pack in the lunch box.
3)You can substitute Indian spices with any other spice mix like italian seasoning
More VEGAN RECIPES