These mini vegetarian empanaditas are great for any get together or parties as they can be prepared ahead of time to save on time. For variation you can try different combination of ingredients for filling.
Assemble empanaditas up to 1 day in advance. Cover and refrigerate . Bake empanaditas up to 8 hours in advance. Keep at room temperature.Chill the filling before assembling. The juices in the filling will solidify so that the empanaditas won't leak as they are assembled.
Bell Pepper:- 1/2 , finely chopped
Onion:- 1/2 . finely chopped
Tomato:- 1, small, finely chopped
Red chilli powder:- 1/2 Tsp
Garam Masala Powder:- 1/2 Tsp
Tofu:- 1/4 Cup, shredded (If you don't have tofu you can use paneer)
Corn:- 1/4 Cup
Raisins:- 2 Tbsp
Oil:- 1 Tbsp
All Purpose Flour:- 1 1/2 Cups
Salt:- 1/2 Tsp
Butter:- 2 Tbsp
Warm Water:- 1/3 Cup
1) Heat the oil in a non stick pan. Add bell pepper, onion, tomato ,corn, mix everything well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
2) Add paneer, salt, red chilli powder, garam masala & raisins, mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Keep it aside to cool until ready to use.
1) Sift flour and salt into a bowl.
2) Rub butter into the flour with fingers until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
3) Add the water to make a firm dough.
4) Turn dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, 3 minutes.
5) Wrap the dough in the plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
1) Roll out the dough to a 1/8 inch (2mm) thickness.
2) Cut out 20 rounds with the cookie cutter. Place 1 Tsp of filling in center of each round . Fold pastry over filling to make crescents.
3) Pinch edges firmly together to seal. With fingertips, seal edges.
Place empanaditas on greased baking sheets, brush with beaten egg or melted butter. Bake at 450 F until crisp and golden, 15-20 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Serve hot or at room temperature..