This sauce has a great combination of sweet and spicy flavors.Use whole wheat noodles to make it more healthy.This dish can be easily made and serve under 15 minutes so is perfect for those busy days.You can make the sauce a night before and refrigerate it in a airtight container.This recipe makes 8 side dish servings.
Source:- Simply Delicious (The Costco Way)
- Kosher salt or coarse salt (optional)
- 1 16 ounce package Garofalo spaghetti
- Fresh ginger (peeled):- 1-2 inch piece
- Garlic gloves:- 3
- Light or Dark brown sugar:- 2 Tbsp
- Creamy peanut butter:- 1/3 cup
- Rice or sherry vinegar:- 2 Tbsp
- Regular or low sodium soy sauce:- 2 Tbsp
- Chilli Pepper sauce (Sriracha/Tobasco):- 1/2 - 1 Tsp
- Vegetable/Peanut/Canola Oil:- 3 Tbsp
- Asian(dark) , Sesame oil, divided:- 2 Tbsp
- Scallions(Thinly Sliced):- 2
- Toasted Sesame Seeds and/or fresh cilantro leaves:- 1 Tbsp
1)Prepare the Sauce:- Place ginger and garlic in a food processor or blender and run the machine until they are finely minced.Add brown sugar, peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, chilli pepper sauce, vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Process until smooth; reserve the sauce in the food processor.
2)Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add salt and let the water return to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook according to the package directions until just tender.Set aside 1 cup of the noodle cooking water, then drain the noodles.Rinse them quickly with warm water and drain them again.
3)Add the reserved cup of cooking water to the sesame sauce and process to blend,Place the warm drained noodles in a large bowl and toss them with the remaining 1 Tbsp of sesame oil, then add the sesame sauce and mix everything until the noodles are well coated.Taste for seasoning , adding salt if necessary .Let the noodles cool to room temperature;they will absorb more sauce as they sit.
4)Garnish with scallions, sesame seeds and/or cilantro.
Makes 8 side dish servings..