My 4 year old daughter is a big fan of pancakes so i am always trying to make them in a different and more healthier way for her. This recipe has a perfect combination of healthy ingredients and its makes a great breakfast dish to start your day right and most importantly my daughter enjoyed each and every bite of it so it is delicious too..:)
Recipe inspired from allrecipes.com
All-purpose flour:- 1/2 cup
Whole Wheat flour:- 1/2 cup
Quick cooking oats:- 1/3 cup
Baking powder:- 1 tsp
Baking soda:- 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon:- 1/2 tsp
Unsweetened applesauce:- 3/4 cup
Yogurt or Fat free sour cream:- 1/2 cup
Egg, lightly beaten:- 1
Vanilla extract:- 1 tsp
Milk:- 1/3 cup
Optional additions:- Any kind of nuts or chocolate chips
1) Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-low heat.
2) In a bowl, mix the flours, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
3) In a separate bowl, mix applesauce, sour cream, egg, and vanilla
4) Stir applesauce mixture and milk into the flour mixture until evenly moist and thick.
5) Scoop about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto the prepared griddle, and cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides.
See step by step picture tutorial here