This is a really different recipe of Channa..The best thing is that you can make it in one pot and it is so easy but yet delicious..Can be served as a snack or side dish.
Preparation Time: 2 hours
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serving: 3 persons
Gorbanzo beans:-2 cups
Pmegranate seeds, Anar Dana:-One packet(4-5Tbsp)
Cumin Seeds:-3 Tbsp
Black Pepper:-1 Tsp
Corainder Powder:-1 Tbsp
Ginger Garlic paste:-1 Tbsp
Ginger - one inch thinly sliced
Green Chilli :-2 medium
Canola oil:-3/4 cup
Paneer / Cheese:-200 gms
1) Soak the channa overnight. Add salt to the channa and boil till cooked. (about 30-40 minutes)
2) Separate the boiled channa from the liquid (save the liquid for later use) and keep it aside.
3) Heat the pan on a medium heat, Roast pomegranate & cumin seeds for 1-2 minutes or when it starts to crackle.
4) Grind the whole peppercorns in a grinder and add it to boiled channa.
5) Grind 5 Tbsp of pomegranate and cumin seeds mixture in the grinder & add it to boiled channa as well.
6) Now add 1 tbsp of coriander powder , 1 tbsp of ginger and garlic paste, 2 green chilles and half of the thinly sliced ginger to the boiled channa .
7) Mix everything well till channa is well coated with all the spices.
8) In a separate pan heat 3/4 oil .When hot switch of the gas and pour the hot oil in the channa mixture carefully.
9)Add the paneer(optional) and reserved liquid to the channa mixture and let it cook on medium heat till the liquid is dried completely.
Garnish it with coriander and enjoy:)