This is easy to make and tastes good too..Add more tomatoes and onion for a chunkier raita and more milk if you would like to experiment with a thinner consistency.
I found this recipe in a book but i don't remember the name
Cumin seeds;- 1 Tsp
Coriander seeds:- 1 Tsp
Black Peppercorns:- 1 Tsp
Plain Yogurt:- 2 1/2 cups
1 small cucumber peeled and finely chopped
1 small red onion , finely chopped
1 small tomato chopped
2 Fresh green hot chillies finely chopped
Chopped fresh Mint:- 1 Tsp
Cayenne Pepper:- 1 Tsp
1/4 tsp Salt or to taste
Chopped fresh cilantro:- 1/4 Cup
1) Combine the cumin, coriander seeds & Peppercorns in a small frying pan and toast over medium heat until the seeds begin to brown and become fragrant , 1 to 2 minutes.
2) Grind to a powder in a Spice grinder and set aside.
3) Whisk the yogurt in a bowl until smooth and lightened.
4)Add the cucumber, onion, tomato , chillies and mint and stir to mix well.
5) Stir in the ground spices and the cayenne.
6) Chill well. Stir in the salt just before serving and sprinkle with the chopped cilantro.
Posted by Preety at 6:47 PM