I know the combination might sound strange but its reaaaaallly good. I was very skeptical about the zucchini in desserts but when i tried the Best Ever Zucchini Bread recipe i knew i can use zucchini in desserts and no one will even find it and its the best way to sneak some veggies in the desserts..
All Purpose Flour:- 1 1/2 cups
Whole Wheat Flour:- 1 cup
Dutch Processed Cocoa:- 1/2 cup
Baking soda:- 1 tsp
Baking Powder:- 2 tsp
Salt:- 1/2 tsp
Butter:- 1/3 cup
Canola Oil:- 1/4 cup
Granulated Sugar:- 1/2 cup
Brown Sugar:- 1/2 cup
Vanilla:- 2 tsp
Fat Free Plain Yogurt:- 3/4 cup
Grated Zucchini (DON'T SQUEEZE OUT THE JUICE):- 2 cups
Semi Sweet Mini chocolate chips:- 1/3 cup
1)Preheat the oven to 350'
2) Melt butter in a pan over a medium heat, stir in cocoa and heat for about 1 minute until fragrant.
3) Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
4) In a bowl, sift together flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
5) In a different mixing bowl mix together cocoa and butter mixture & sugars until light and fluffy.
6)Beat in Oil & yogurt.
7) Blend in Eggs & Vanilla.
8) Slowly add dry ingredients & blend until just combined.
9) Stir in Zucchini & chocolate chips.
10) Spray the 12 cup muffin pan with non stick spray and pour the batter into muffin tins.
11) Bake for 19 to 21 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
12) Cool for 10 minutes
Recipe Courtesy:- Mixed Salad Annie
MAKES 12 MUFFINS ( Medium size)