This recipe has great combination Zucchini & besan.Its a quick and easy recipe that you can have for a breakfast or weekend brunch..Zucchini is a type of Summer squash which is mostly available all year long but its peak season is late spring.. While buying Zucchini , select smaller size 2- 8 inches with smooth skin..Very large Zucchini cab be tough or bitter in taste..You can store Zucchini in an opened plastic bag in refrigerator vegetable drawer for 3-4 days..
You can also find the recipe of Zucchini bread here.
Besan (Gram Flour):- 1 cup
Rice Flour:- 1/4 cup
salt as per taste
Water:- 3/4 cup
Cumin seeds:- 1/2 tsp
Chopped Green chillies:- 1tsp(optional)
Shredded Zucchini :- 1 cup
Chopped Cilantro/Coriander:- 1 tbsp
Oil for cooking
1) In a bowl mix together Besan, Rice flour, salt Cumin seeds.
2) Add water little by little to make a smooth paste.
3) Add Green chillies( if using), Coriander, shredded zucchini( shed zucchini with skin on).
4) Heat a oiled griddle/non stick pan over a medium heat..
5) When hot pour 1/2 cup of batter and spread into a even layer( like a dosa)..
6) Let it cook at one side for 2-3 minutes golden brown and then flip over and cook the other side.
Serve hot with Chutney , Pickle or curd..Enjoy:)
If you like the recipe please leave your comments
Recipe Courtesy Manjula