If you have some curd siting in a refrigerator for couple of days and turned sour then this is the best recipe to make with it ,I learned this from my mom, this is a typical Punjabi recipe that you can serve in Lunch.. If you don't have enough time to make pakoras, you can replace it with potatoes or just make plain kadhi .It can be served with rice or chapati.
If you like the recipe please leave your comments
Besan(Gram Flour):- 2/3 cup
Ajwain:- 1/2 tsp
Turmeric/Haldi:- 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder:- 1/4 tsp
Salt:- 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala:- 1/4 tsp
Baking Soda:- A pinch
Water :- 1/3 cup (Approx)
Oil for frying
Sour curd:- 1 cup
Besan(Gram Flour):- 1/3 cup
Onion:- 1/2 of Medium onion cut lengthwise
Ginger(Finely chopped):- 1 tbsp
Garlic(Finely chopped):- 1tbsp
Tomato:- 1 medium( Approx 3/4 cup)
Oil:- 3 tbsp
Cumin seeds :- 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds:-1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds:- 1/2 tsp
Turmeric:- 1 tsp
Red Chilli powder:- 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala:- 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Methi powder:- 1/2 tsp
Water:- Approximately 5 1/2 cups
To make Pakoras
1) In a bowl mix besan. ajwain, turmeric, red chilli powder, salt, garam masala, baking soda with a fork
2) Add water to make a smooth paste
3) Heat oil in pan & deep fry the pakoras
4) Keep it aside to cool down until your kadhi is ready
In a mixer blend together 1 cup curd,1/3 cup besan & 1/2 cup of water and set aside.
1) Heat oil in a pan.
2) Add Cumin seeds, mustard seeds & fenugreek seeds.
3) When seeds start spluttering add ginger & garlic and fry till light brown
4) Add onion and fry till onion are translucent (don't brown them)
5) Add tomato, salt, turmeric, red chilli powder, garam masala & mix well
6) Cook until tomatoes are tender.
7) Now add the blended mixture and mix well..
6) Add about 4-5 cups of water to make a gravy..don't worry if the gravy is not thick at this point..it will thicken as it cooks
7) Let it cook at medium heat for 10-15 minutes
8) Add methi powder & mix well.
Serve hot with rice...Enjoy:)